A couple of principles:
- Never loose the rear departure angle
- Stay below 3,5 m
- Put the wheels on the roof not hanging off the rear
- Fuel is for driving and as little as possible else. – In Africa fuel is scarce so we only have exception (it is used in the boiler because it is such a great solution)
- Gas is for cooking 0n – inside and out.
- Batteries is for food storage.
I am sure everybody has different views and it will depend what you want to do that will drive you in different directions.